Keto Low Carb Pork Rind Pizzas


For anyone that has been following my sugar and carb free journey, you know that I am a HUGE fan of pork rinds!  I absolutely LOVE the versatility of those crunchy little things.  The very first recipe I made on my low carb journey was a pork rind bread that tasted like garlic bread.  From that very moment on, I was hooked!

I found pork rinds were perfect to use for the breading on my chicken cordons, shrimp, or any other meat.  They are wonderful at adding crunch without adding carbs.  They can be used to bread onions rings, cheese sticks, chicken nuggets.... the list can go on and on!!


Chicken stuffed with ham and provolone cheese, breaded in pork rinds and baked.


Later, I was so very happy to find pork rinds can be used to make DONUT holes!!  Yep, fried, yummy, donuts!!  Well, I changed it up a little and call them maple bombs.  I make them really pretty small so they are crunchy outside, then dip them in sugar free maple syrup.  (Here is where I found the original recipe: https://www.lowcarb-ology.com/low-carb-donut-holes/   I always skip the almonds, it lower the carbs and calories.  Main reason I skip them is because when I first made them, I just didn't have any on hand!)




I continue to be on the hunt for great ways to use pork rinds.  I am not a fan of just eating them out of the package.  I think they actually are pretty gross plain, but LOVE LOVE LOVE most recipes that they are used in!! 

When I first gave up sugar and carbs, that meant good bye to breads, I would have dreams of Casey's Pizza.  Anyone not from the midwest, you are seriously missing out.  Casey's is a convenience store that makes the absolutely best pizza anywhere!!  They also make the best donuts, too, but, on to that pizza that is amazing!!  Pizza is really something that I did not want to live without for the rest of my life, but I had to give up the sugar and carbs that were in pizza crust.  

I learned to make skillet pizza, just put meat, cheese and a little sauce in a skillet and melt.  I love all of the yummy pizza toppings without any of the pizza crust carb and calories.  But, ya know, sometimes a girl just really wants to have pizza with a tasty, crunchy crust!!  

I knew pork rinds wouldn't let me down!!  So I decided to try out pork rinds with a few other ingredients and created this new crust, wouldn't ya know it, breakfast for dinner was a huge success. This is one of my recipes... and it is DE-Lish!

Breakfast Pizza


Crust:
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup ground pork rinds (of course!)
1 egg

Mix and bake in well greased pie pan at 400 degrees about 20 minutes until the sides just start to brown.

Topping
2 runny partially scrambled eggs
Sausage
Bacon
Cheese

Then bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese starts to get brown and bubbly.  Breakfast pizza SUCCESS!!


Well, this crust was good enough for a breakfast pizza, but, it just wasn't right for real pizza.  So, I jazzed it up a little bit and this was the result!!


For the crust, I decided to change it up a bit to go along with the italian pizza theme.
1/4 cup ground pork rinds
1/4 cup canned parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 to 1 tsp garlic

Mix and bake in well greased pie pan at 400 degrees about 20 minutes until the sides just start to brown.
Crust after baked, all ready for toppings

The nutritional counts for the whole crust are about 350 calories,<1g of carbohydrates, and 0g sugar. Once you create the crust, you are free to top it with a plethora of toppings.  

Beef Pizza
This is topped with a little pizza sauce, 2 ounces of ground beef and 1/2 cup (56g) of mozzarella cheese. The whole thing is about 600 calories, 1 carb, <1gram of sugar, and did I mention AWESOME!!!!

One of the best things I have learned on this journey is that I don't have to give up the foods that I loved that were full of sugars and carbohydrates.  I just have to find a better way to eat those foods.  

Does this recipe compete with a slice of Casey's pizza??  Honestly, no.  BUT, it is a healthy, almost NO carb, lower calorie close 2nd!!!  The kids love it!!  They get to top their own little pizzas and everybody eats a little healthier on pizza night!

Enjoy

Comments